Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Journey Is The Reward

I never figured in a million years that I would be a blogger.  In fact, the extent of any form of journaling in past began and ended in the first five pages of the beautiful notebooks and dairies that were constant gifts when I was a child and young adult.  But alas, perhaps all I needed was a muse. Joyfully, it is my life that has become my muse.  

In the year and a half that Dave and I prepared and saved for our wedding, we had many conversations about the excitement that we shared for the new life we were about to begin.  We often reflected upon how magnificently blessed we are to lead the life that we lead; so much so that we even had a chance to sneak away from our wedding reception for a short walk to count our blessings while we watched the sun set.  

And so, here you find us.  We have been married just over a month and are now taking the next steps together into the future. I can only imagine how we will embrace it, but my hope is that we will greet it with joyful abandon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment